Tinkering Workshop for inventors, artists and Tinker’s of all ages and skills. Mentoring offered by experienced Tinker’s or DGM Staff.
We are proud to let our collaborative nature show by offering a Do It Yourself (DIY) Workbench. As this space is smack in the middle of a fully functioning shop, there are some ground rules to follow:
- The Tinker’s Workbench is available at the discretion of the staff of Deep Green Machine, depending on workload and staff availability. It is not available when there is no staff member on duty. It is helpful to call ahead and schedule and appointment: 660 xxx xxxx
- User has full access to Deep Green Machine’s extensive tool collection, reference materials and maintenance manuals, as well as internet access.
- Basic and intermediate tools will be available; more advanced tools require the shop staff to operate. Only specifically marked tools at the DIY bench shall be used; all other tools in the shop require the permission of Deep Green Machine Staff
- The Tinker’s Workbench will be cleaned 30 minutes prior to closing.
- User is required to leave the bench as clean as they found it. Full access to shop sink and cleaning supplies is available. Failure to do so will result in the loss of future access.
- User is not to “help themselves” to any parts or supplies. All parts or supplies must be accessed through Deep Green Machine Staff.
- Deep Green Machine is not responsible for any damage the User causes to their projects.
- User is responsible for any damage caused to Deep Green Machine’s tools or facilities.
- Fabrication-Machining and Design Consulting Services for Tinker’s. Collaboration with other businesses, organizations and individuals support prototype development, emphasizing: Design for Repair. Design for Assembly as well as appropriate technology and reuse. Projects involve multi-disciplinary skills and teams.